Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Palette In, "The Naked Truth" Review And Swatches

In the past I have loved Wet N Wild Eyeshadows, so I was pretty excited when I went to my local Target and found their palette in, "The Naked Truth"! Such a beautiful neutral five pan palette that I knew for the price I just had to test out!

I purchased this on sale, but it retails for around $3.99, which is a phenomenal price for an eyeshadow palette. I was eager to see how these lovely eyeshadows performed!




Wet N Wild, "The Naked Truth"




Wet N Wild, "The Naked Truth"




I love how this palette has an eyeshadow for each step of the application process, taking the guess work out of it. This is especially useful for beginners. Although, its okay to break the rules when it comes to makeup, otherwise it would never be fun, right? ;)





Wet N Wild, "The Naked Truth"




Wet N Wild, "The Naked Truth"




The colors in here are so basic, but beautiful! The eyelid and crease color are so intriguing, even just at a glance. To me, when I look at this pan, these are all the colors a person would want for a no-fuss everyday look because it has every color in here that you would need.






Wet N Wild, "The Naked Truth"
Left to Right: Base, Browbone, Eyelid, Definer, Crease





When I first touched these eyeshadows to swatch them with my fingers, I did gasp audibly, because they are so soft and buttery! Oh my, I was so excited to see how the pigmentation and formula was of this dreamy texture!

Well, lets just start by saying I have a few qualms with this palette, along with a few loves... So, lets take this eyeshadow by eyeshadow, shall we?

Base: This one is a typical matte yellow based eyeshadow that seems to blend onto my lid into nothingness. When I say that, it's not a bad thing for a base color, because there is no chalkiness to it. It creates a base color to build upon that is decent for what it is. It just doesn't excite me...

Browbone: I really do not like this eyeshadow shade for a brow bone because it is way to white! When I applied just a touch of it under the arch of my eyebrows, it looked white and chalky in appearance. That is not a look that I love!

Eyelid: I love this color! To me, this is a grey-green shadow that when applied leans toward a dark shade of grey. In the swatch above and in the pan it looks taupe, but when I wore it on my eyelids, this came off deeper and darker. Not only that, but it also has a matte like appearance, even though it is a satin eyeshadow. Strange, isn't it? But I love it!

Definer: This is another one of the matte eyeshadows that is highly pigmented! I love the dark chocolate brown! It applies to the lids beautifully and is gorgeous to use as a crease color with a light hand!

Crease: Speaking of crease colors, this one I was most excited about when I bought this palette. Talk about a let down! When I swatched this shadow, it was weak in pigment. It came off a lot lighter than I was expecting! This is more of a light reddish brown with golden flecks that do not show up on  the lids when applied! Anyways, why would I want golden flecks in my crease? I was thinking this would be a pretty color for all over the lid...

Overall, this is a palette that did not thrill me, but I can still get some uses from the eyeshadows in here. And for $3.99, I am not upset. BUT, Wet N Wild needs to get with it! Their palettes a few years ago where amazing quality, now I feel as if they could be reverting...

What do you guys think?



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment