Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Makeup Stuff Is So Stinkin' Expensive!!!!

So.... makeup is my addiction. There is absolutely nothing in this world that I can do about it. I try and justify it to my husband by telling him that I will always need an eyeliner (yes, even that bright turquoise eyeliner with hot pink sparkles!). Eventually I will run out of that taupe colored eyeshadow, so I might as well purchase that fifty dollar neutral eyeshadow palette that looks like every other neutral colored eyeshadow palette out there! And, I need a variety of blushes to suit the changing seasons, because we know everybody will be whispering behind my back if I don't go by the makeup rules that the world has.

Lately, I have been a little concerned and worried about this beauty obsession that I am thoroughly involved in, because I am running out of storage options. Not to mention money... Well, not really, but I am starting to feel guilty every time I make a beauty purchase, because I truly do not need any more makeup. There is no more justifying it, because I just sound ridiculous when I try.

So, why in the world did I go and do this?!?









This addiction is a little out of control, but I do have a justification for this e.l.f. haul!

See, the thing is, makeup is so stinkin' expensive! I want to find cheaper alternatives to beauty products that are still high quality, but won't break your bank. I think I would appreciate that myself, but my husband most of all will!

It's not that I do not purchase drugstore makeup and never buy any of it, because I do love some of it. I am just cautious of what I buy because sometimes the quality and pigmentation is lacking. And you can't exactly pop open a foundation bottle at the store and swatch it to see if it's your shade... That is highly looked down upon...

So, I am on the hunt for drugstore beauty products that are of high quality and that stand the tests of beauty that I put them under to find the ones that stand out. Those ones shall be destined to become repurchasable winners in my book!

So, I thought that I would start with e.l.f. because they are one of the cheaper alternatives out there and I truly have not tried very many of their products and the ones that I have tried have tended to be either hits or serious fails. So, on e.l.f.'s website which you can visit here, I bought a plethora of products that I have never tried or even seen at my local drugstore.

I am very excited! So, keep up with these posts because I will have a variety of reviews to bring to you in the next few weeks!

P.S. I am sure I can never give up high end makeup forever. I have a few holy grails that are amazing, that I feel I can never replace... But we shall see!


Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment