Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Can Get "Hip" With Loreal

I got another confession to make, my fellow makeup lovers....    I am in love with Loreal Hip Eyeshadow duos. Have you noticed them in the stores the past few years and like me, always ooed and ahhed over the vast color variety they had? Well, I will tell you, I gave into the temptation about six months ago and bought one, Platinum, just to check it out and see if it was as pretty as I had seen on YouTube.
Well, once I laid my eyes on this duo, I was blown away by how sparkly the black eyeshadow was and how beautiful the silver that accompanied the black shadow came off. Of course, I don't wear black eyeshadow and frosty silver everyday of my life, but it is nice to have in my collection for a nice evening out when I want to glam myself up and add a little drama to my look. What girl wouldn't want to do that when she gets the chance?
So, I picked up a few more along the way in a variety of colors to add needlessly to my enormous collection of makeup. Let me share with you my thoughts on the gorgeousness of these shadows.
Now, you can buy these eyeshadows practically any drugstore, Target, Walmart, and I even heard awhile back that Ulta carries these shadows. I got mine at Target and Walmart both. My local Target carries them for $6.79 while my Walmart carries them for a whopping penny less. Beware that at least at my local Walgreens they carry these for $7.99, but bear in mind that sometimes these places run great sales where you may be able to score a BOGO free deal. Hard to pass a temptation like that up, right?
Now, these eyeshadows are highly pigmented and come in a selection, although limited,  of colors to please everyone, even a duo with a vibrant yellow shadow, right on trend for this season. You can apply these dry or wet for more vibrancy, but they are so vibrant on their own, that I have not yet tried these with a wet applicator.
You are getting 2.4 grams of shadow in each packaging, and believe me, a little of this goes a long way, baby. So, use a light hand when applying. These come is three different finishes; metallic, pearl and matte. Definitely something for everybody!
Something I am not keen on about these shadows is the packaging itself. It is round and bulky and takes up way too much room in my case. I have seen videos on YouTube where people have depotted these exact shadows and placed them into a much more space efficient palette. When I get time to do that someday, that is what I plan on doing to free up room.
Another irk about these is the fact that they snap open and closed on not only the top where the shadow is kept but the bottom as well. Now, I find this bothersome, because they are a pain to open and when I try to open the top, sometimes it is the bottom that snaps open instead. 
On the bottom part of the packaging is where they provide you with a useless brush applicator and a mirror for you convenience. Although, I think it to be a highly inconvenient way to apply your eyeshadow if a person would so choose to use the provided mirror to apply the shadow. Oh well, to each their own.
That aside, these shadows, bulky packaging and all, are highly recommended by me. Loreal has done a great job in the Hip collection they have. Keep it, Loreal!
These were all swatched over Mac's Paintpot in 'Painterly" to bring out their vibrancy. Left to right...(first duo:Sassy; second duo:Gunmetal)

Left to right: (first duo:Charisma; second duo: Platinum

Gilded
If you want to see close up pictures of these eyeshadows check my video out on YouTube. Until then enjoy these swatches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment