Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Truth About E.L.F. Lip Stain Revealed

I have a confession to make...    I went to the drugstore the other day and since I have been on this lip stain kick I was on the search to find different brands to try out to compare and discover which one performs the best. Well, I came across E.L.F. Studio's lip stain product they have and so I picked one up in the color 'Fashionista', a beautiful bright fuchsia pink. For me E.L.F. products are hit and miss so I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this. E.LF. claims about this product:
"Achieve full coverage that lasts for hours wit this long-wear formula. enjoy silky matte color or layer on the moisturizing clear gloss for a shiny look. With key vitamins A and E your lips stay smooth all day long."
I thought that it was a cool idea that you can wear this product matte if you wanted to and your lips still feel like silk instead of dry like most other lip stains; they give you options, which I like.
So, I applied this to my lips in the morning on my dry bare lips and really liked the bright color! I waited two minutes for the formula to dry before applying the gloss over it, but when I touched my finger to my lips there was still some transfer, so I waited ten more minutes with minimal transfer at that point. I decided to apply the gloss anyways and went about my day.

(Beautiful Color!)
(Major Transfer!)
(Three Hours After Application)

Now, I will be honest, there was major transfer and the lip stain did not last three hours on my lips before it was completely gone! I was majorly disappointed because the color is so pretty. So, I decided to see if wearing the product matte, without the gloss, would make the stain last longer. Well, while it didn't have as much transfer, it still showed up on my water bottle, on the tissue when I'd blow my nose (allergies) and so on...thus, it eventually disappeared from my lips in about the same amount of time.




I am highly disappointed in this product because it doesn't live up to its claim and is not a true lip stain because it has no staying power whatsoever and to me should be classified as a regular lipgloss, even though in my opinion it is a terrible product overall and I would not repurchase this ever again. A regular lipgloss has more staying power than this does since E.L.F's lip stain feathers and is blotchy as it transfers. So, in my humble opinion, save your $3.00 and pass this product up because this product is nothing but a lie; a pretty lie, but a lie just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment