Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

NYX Nude On Nude Natural Look Kit

Surprise surprise everybody, but I have another confession to make....I do love me some natural eyeshadows! Especially in cute and small packaging. But, I will admit to you, when I ordered this online and then received it in the mail I was shocked at how tiny this product actually is. It fits in the palm of my hand, that is how small it is. Which fact actually did grow on me so I got over my disappointment fairly quick.
Now, I love bold and bright eyeshadows and I also love Urban Decay. Well, when they came out with the highly coveted and revered Naked Palette, I was torn between not being entirely impressed but wanting to own it for myself at the same exact time. See, I love high end products, eyeshadows especially because they seem to be way more pigmented then drugstore finds. So, if I find a unique eyeshadow that I am sure cannot be duped by any drugstore creation, I will gladly put down the money to add it to my collection.

Well, when it comes to neutral eyeshadows I feel you can pick up a good palette from a brand at your local Target. To me, neutrals are neutrals and nothing special. But, yet, I came close to buying a Naked palette, but talked myself out of it, because truthfully, I do have a few neutral shadows lurking somewhere in my kit that I do take out to use every now and then.
(Gorgeous eyeshadows!)
(Top row right to left)
(Middle row left to right)
(Bottom row left to right)
So, I didn't want to completely miss out on the hype and when I heard NYX had a kit that was comparable to the Naked palette, it intrigued me. I read tons of reviews, peered at several swatches online and I watched YouTubers declare their feelings on this product. I felt like this was something that I would love to have to travel with, having all the basic eyeshadows I'd need if I was out of town. It totally would cut down on my baggage.
(Pretty colors to please everybody!)
So, I ordered mine on Ulta for $12.99, and as I mentioned, was shocked when I found how tiny it actually is, but once traveling with it, was glad it didn't take up much room in my makeup bag at all. The gorgeous lipsticks that come with it are so pretty; a Barbie-bubblegum pink color, that I think suits only very light skin tones. But the rosey-mauve color definitely looks great on all skin types. So, everyone is satisfied because of course, neutral shadows and the two options in lippies look great on all.
The only gripes I have are the stiff lip and eyeshadow brushes that come with the palette. Totally unusable so I threw those out and just use my own. The lip drawer is a fight to open, it could be a little easier to slide out, but then again, who wants their lipstick drawer sliding out too easily and get highly annoying when using this kit? Too true...
So, despite those two minor drawbacks, this is a definite must if you don't want to spend the fortune on the Naked palette and want something convenient and light to throw in your purse or travel bag for one of those All-You-Will-Need conveniences. 
(See what I mean by tiny?)
So, ladies, I give you an affordable alternative that includes great quality. You can find this product at ulta.com for $12.99. Or cherryculture.com for $13.00. But, for an everyday low price check out beautyjoint.com where they sell this product for $8.75 (wish I had known about this earlier, cause who doesn't want to save a few?).
So, three cheers for NYX for satisfying every girl's natural desire!

























No comments:

Post a Comment