Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

NYX Razzles And Dazzles!

I have an exciting confession to make...    you know me and my obsession with all things color, well, I now have a mounting obsession for all things glittery! And NYX Cosmetics delivers on the color and the glitter that we love to love!
Who out there just adores the opportunity to add a little something extra special and sparkly to their eyes once in awhile, maybe just for fun to reflect our creative side or on that special occasion when you want a little extra attention? NYX Cosmetics knows how to cater to a girl's craving for pretty! This is what NYX says about these eyeliners on their website:
"Create glamour in the twinkling of an eye. Our sensational Candy Glitter Liners let you produce a subtle hint of shimmer, of more dramatic lids worthy of a Vegas showgirl. Either way they ensure precision application."
Now, I have two of these liners in the colors Disco Queen and Purple. One of the colors I love to pair with my brown eyes is the color purple, so of course that would be one of the first that I would add to my collection, and it is a true to purple glitter liner! Same with The Disco Queen, it is true to the color that you see in the tube, but not as intense (FYI: the packaging is see through so if you are fortunate to get your hands on these in person you know what you are buying!). I expected it to be a little darker, but it is still gorgeous and as always, you can build it up to your desired effect. 
When applied to the lash line it will definitely grab people's attention as it is extremely visible (yea!). The tube is very lightweight as is the applicator. When you look at the applicator brush, it does look cheap, but let me tell you, it does its job and does it well. 
The product for both of these comes out with a massive amount of the glitter on the brush, which is what we want, it delivers the glitter that you expect. You know how with some glitter liners, you mostly get the clear gel with just a hint of the sparkly glitter on the line you make? Well, these liners give excellent glitter payoff!
(Left: Disco Queen, swiped once on the left and twice on the right to show build-ability. Right: Purple, swiped twice on left and once on the right.)
You can add just  subtle hint of shimmer along your lashes with just once swipe, or build up the drama with an additional swipe or two. What would be amazing is adding some sparkle over your everyday eyeliner, neutral or colored for an extra added hint of pretty with these liners! Beware that these liners do take a few minutes to dry, so be patient, but once they are dry they have excellent staying power. (After a few minutes when the swatches on my hand were done drying I rubbed them with my finger and they did not budge! How cool is that!)
(Left: Disco Queen Right: Purple)
Disco Queen
Purple
The one thing that I do not like about the product is the funky tassels on the end of the applicator wand. They tend to get in the way and are a little distracting when applying, so you can either live with it and make sure they are tucked securely in your hands when applying or you can just snip them off since they don't serve any purpose. 
These liners come in every color underneath the rainbow, eighteen in all. I must warn you, this is a long list, so bear with me! (Please note that I am describing the swatches that NYX Cosmetics gives on their website for each color since I do not own all of them myself)
French Silk: copper
Disco Queen: multi-colored, black, purple, silver, green
Mocha Latte: burnt orange
Aqua: turquoise
Lavender: pale purple
Passion: rosey-pink
Blue: deep blue/green
Gold: gold
Jade Green: bright seafoam
Silver: grey silver
Hot Candy: hot pink
Crystal: white silver with hint of pale blue sparkle
Jade: emerald green
Purple: purple
Red: orange/red
El Dorado: yellow-gold
Disco Ball: silvery-grey
Baby Pink: pale pink
These retail for $4.50 on nyxcosmetics.com and for the same price on cherryculture.com, but as of today cherryculture.com is having a sale and it is priced at $3.50. ulta.com sells these liners for $4.75, yet when I looked they only carried twelve of the eighteen liners; but they are having a buy one get one half off sale. beautyjoint.com exclusively sales NYX products and for the cheapest I have seen anywhere. Their everyday asking price is $3.25.
So, if your looking around for some affordable high quality glitter liners to jazz up your look check out the Nyx Candy Glitter Liners and I promise you, they will leave you razzled and dazzled!

No comments:

Post a Comment