Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Is Wet 'n' Wild MEGA Liquid Eyeliner Worth It?

I have a confession to make....     Usually I love Wet 'n' Wild products, I have nothing bad to say about them. But, for this particular product I find myself in a love-hate relationship with it. See, I wasn't too sure what to expect when I picked the turquoise MEGA Liner at my local WalMart a few months back because I have bought some faulty liquid eyeliners from drugstore brands that I absolutely did not like. With Wet 'n' Wild being on the cheaper side of the makeup spectrum, I wasn't going to hold my breath as I paid the $2.99 that it cost.
So, once I took it home and swatched it, I was pleasantly surprised! Not only was it highly pigmented, but it came out the exact same color in the package. Wow, is that rare sometimes with any beauty product. I wore it on my eyes the next day and it gave a clean crisp line, and almost leaned on the metallic side when I looked at it. Gorgeous
Because I was highly excited about this liner and the color payoff it had, a few months after that I was at Rite Aide and they were having a 40% off sale and I saw the purple (actually it is named plum, but I shall refer to it as purple from here on out) MEGA Liner Liquid Eyeliner (boy is that a mouth full!) and I fell fast, because I love purple and I love purple anything for my brown eyes. 
So, when I got home and swatched it n my hand I loved it, the purple was very pretty, I must say it was the exact color purple as on the package, so you know what you are buying when your making your decision. But, the next day I went to apply it to my lash-line, and let me tell you something, I was irritated. For one, the color seemed more faded and grey, not as intense as it is when swatched on my hand. Then, the formula seems a little watery, which might be why it is not as a pigmented of a purple. Because it is watery I could not make my line clean and crisp where it stands out. So, after several attempts to love this liner, I have to confess, I fell out of infatuation with the purple one fast. 
Now, this is what the Wet 'n' Wild website claims about this eyeliner:
1. That it has a flexible tip you can apply your liner easily and precisely. Now, I agree with this as I had no trouble with the brush and found it extremely easy to apply the exact line that I wanted.
2. The formula is a rich and fluid fast drying formula which stays put to enhance or dramatically define. Okay, this is where I have the issue. I agree that that the formula is rich (depending on your color choice), and it is certainly fluid (depending on your color choice, it may be a little too fluid). Now, I can agree that it definitely does dry fast and it does stay put. When I did the satches on my hand it took a good rubbing to get them off with soap and water. Impressive.
(Wet n Wild MEGA Liner Liquid Eyeliners. Left: Turquoise, Right: Plum)
Now, this is where I am torn. It claims to give you the choice to subtly or dramatically enhance your eyes. I think that the turquoise liner definitely delivers on that promise. The purple one, not so much at all. You are not able to make the dramatic defined line that you would want to with the purple one, even if you tried to build it up. But, why should you have to build up a product when it should be rich and pigmented in the first place?
What I do love about these is the packaging, even though it is nothing fancy as far as packaging goes. But, it is in a pot as opposed to a pen, where I hear (and have experienced) that they do dry out faster in pen-like packaging (you know what I mean by that, I'm sure). As far as their color selection goes I think it is the typical drugstore variety. They have this product in Black, Blue, Brown and Dark Brown, so not many exciting colors, but enough to quench our needs, right?
Well, for $2.99 these MEGA Liner Liquid Eyeliners are definitely worth the try and if it should be that you a bought a color that didn't work well for you, you're not out that much at all. So, depending on your color choice, you just might be confessing your new obsession to someone else or not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment