Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oo-La-La-Lovely Lips!

I have a confession to make...    I am loving glossy lips! Now, personally, I have grown to become a lipstick fanatic only because I love the color payoff of lipsticks. Once in awhile I do break out my gloss and  find myself gravitating towards them a little more often. 
Well, I found some very much raved about glosses from E.L.F. that when I saw them in person at the store I knew I just had to have them. The E.L.F. glosses that I purchased I found in a package of three at Big Lots for $3.00 which I believe is the going rate for them at Target, and online I believe they are a dollar a piece. So, I snatched the prettiest set there and came home and fell in love.


My favorite of the three is the baby pink one, and unfortunately the name of the gloss is not on the package. But, it is super shiny and pretty. When it is applied it gives my lips a subtle hint of pink.
The next one, going from lightest to darkest, is a watermelon shade that has glints of glitter. The glitter does give my lips a reflective look, which is beautiful. 
The next is the darkest of the three, yet the sheerest. In the packaging it looks like a spectacular pink fuchsia color, but it sheers out on my lips. Disappointing, yes, but for a dollar I will wear it over lipsticks to give them a shine.

This is a picture of the gloss going from darkest to lightest of the three
Am I thrilled with these? Um...yes I am! I am happy that they are so cheaply priced and they smell like a lollipop, giving my lips a special little treat. I know that there is so many more shades to chose from online at the E.L.F. website and now that Target is carrying the E.L.F. brand it is more easily accessible. 
The texture of these is hard to describe, as it is thick, but does not slide on my lips. It has great staying power. Are they a sticky? Yeah, a little bit, but not to the point were it bothers me and I will never wear it again.
Next, I purchased two Milani Lip Flash gloss pencils on cherryculture.com  for $6.99 a pop. I have been salivating over these babies since I saw Cora from Vintageortacky on Youtube talking about these and swatching them. She has all of the swatches for every single Lip FLash, so check her out!
I purchased the colors Hot Flash and Lip Flash after many hours of debating. 


What I love about these is that they are in a fool proof pencil form, so you can trace your lips and color them in; so simple and easy! You do need a jumbo sized pencil sharpener to sharpen them as you use them and I just recently purchased a dual sharpener that I am loving by Loreal that works perfectly and doesn't break off the tips.
These go on so creamy and smooth and are highly pigmented. What you see is what you are going to get. 
Lip Flash is a gorgeous almost purple-brown color with flecks of gold sparkle that gives it an even more unique appeal.
Hot Flash is an extremely bright hot red-pink color that delivers on pigmentation! There is no sparkle to this only shine, which I think is brilliant. 
I like how the packaging explains that this is a full coverage shimmer gloss pencil, kind of like a lipstick and gloss in one handy product.

Hot Flash and Lip Flash
Do I love these? Yes, please, I do! I would purchase every single one of these bad boys, they are that amazing! I just wish I could find them locally instead of having to order them online and waiting a week or two for me to actually get my hands on them...




So, yes, everybody, this is what I give to you, a gloss for every lip to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment