Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NYX Nude On Nude Go To Palette

I have a confession to make...    I was this close to buying the Naked palette from Urban Decay last weekend! I went to Sephora on a mission to buy a few things from Urban Decay and the saleslady there tempted me with the absolute last Naked palette they had there. She told me that a lot of people had come in that day to buy it and she showed me the last one! I seriously considered it, but I maintained willpower and refused, walking out with my intended purchases instead. 
Now, how many times have I come close to buying it? Too many to count. As I have said before, neutrals to me are boring; a must have, but boring. Do I really want to spend $48.00 on a neutral palette that comes with only two matte shadows among the twelve that are in it? Granted, yes, you now get a high quality Urban Decay brush, but I already have brushes I like.
So, I went home and the next day decided to order the NYX Nude on Nude palette that they have because I have always been a tad more interested in their version, if you will, of the Naked palette. I ordered from beautyjoint.com since they offer NYX products at the cheapest prices I have found. I purchased this product for $20.99, over half the price of the Naked palette.
When I opened it up I was in love with the range of neutrals they offered, not to mention the quantity. There are twenty shadows included, eight shadows being matte, the rest shimmery. 

eyeshadows

First section of ten

Second section of ten


While the shadows are beautiful in the pan, I wondered what the color payoff would be...

Top Row

Bottom Row

I swactched these on my bare skin, no primer and no base. Initially, these are just like any other NYX eyeshadow I have worked with; they are chalky and do have considerable fallout, but they are very build able in color. Overall, these shadows are very nice, maybe not as pigmented as Urban Decay shadows, but still very nice for a cheaper dupe of their famous palette.
What also drew me to the NYX palette was the fact that it also comes with ten lipstick shades! I love lipstick!
I like how the lipstick drawer opens up under the eyeshadow drawer separately


First five colors
Pretty Pinks!

Last five colors (the second red from the left is a gloss consistency)
Bee-U-Tiff-Ul!
When I swatched these lipsticks on my arm they came out so creamy. I noticed that some were sheer but build able in color while many are very opaque. No complaints here!

First five colors

Last five colors


This palette comes with your basic drugstore double ended sponge tip applicator and a tiny double ended lipstick brush. the lipstick brushes bristles are stiffer than I like and not my favorite to apply lipstick with, so be prepared to tote around your own fav lipstick brush if you take this palette traveling.
This is definitely a great palette worth purchasing because it is so versatile and comes with shadows and lipsticks in a variety of shades flattering for many skin tones. 
I have the NYX Nude On Nude Natural Look Kit that is teeny and fits in the palm of my hand and I love that one, too and have traveled pleasantly with it many times. Let me tell you something, this: This Nude on Nude palette is small enough to carry in your purse still! Trust me, I will travel with this one next time I am going on a trip!

Even comes with a narrow mirror for application!
Give this one a try for half the price!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment