Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

NYX's Glitters and Pigments!

I have a confession to make...   I have five little bottles of goodies that I am obsessed with. And they all are so very pretty that I just cannot keep them to myself; I must share my love of them with the world so that they too can discover the beauty in these bottles!
I am talking about NYX's Ultra Pearl Mania pigments and NYX's Glitter Mania eye glitters. I must start by proclaiming how very much I adore pigments because they are so, well, pigmented of course! And glitter, come on! What girl doesn't want a touch of  glitter to glitz up a look every once in a special while?
What I rave all the time about NYX is the fact that they have such creative high quality products that are affordable for those of us who are on a budget but still want to look pampered and pretty.
I purchased these products through beautyjoint.com, a website that I am sure you know I love because I talk about it all the time. They sell NYX products (the cheapest I have seen anywhere!) as well as Milani products now, too. 
I picked out two pigments out of the vast variety that I had to chose from. The colors I picked were Walnut, which is a gorgeous deep coppery brown color with a brilliant sheen to it. The second was a color that I had always been drawn to that I love but am not sure I could ever pull off but am still daring to wear, is Jade. It is the prettiest, brightest almost sea-foam green I have ever seen before.

Walnut and Jade pigments

Jade and Walnut

With the pigments they are highly pigmented but you can also choose to build the color intensity up or sheer them out depending on how you feel that day. I have worn the Walnut color and have gotten many compliments on it already!
The lose glitters are just as glamorous, as you will see for yourself in the pictures. When I look at them in the bottle they look unpromising and boring. But, when you put them on your lids you can see just how these glitters can really kick a look up a notch or few!
Now, I used clear gloss to adhere the glitters to my skin in the swatches but a glitter adhesive that I love and is really inexpensive is Sally Girl's Glitter Glue. I believe the tube is just under a dollar and a little goes a long way, so I recommend using that for your glitter looks.

Silver, Gold and Purple

Left to Right: Purple, Gold, Silver

I really like how you can use as little glitter as you want for a subtle shimmer or you can use layers of it for an intense look, almost like shimmery foil, if you will. No matter how you wear these, you are definitely guaranteed to catch everybody's eye!
The Ultra Pearl Mania pigments on beautyjoint.com are $1.99 each and they have thirty shades to chose from. Some are shimmery and some metallic. For the price you pay you receive 0.06 fl.oz. Not bad, I do say!
The Glitter Mania lose glitters on beautyjoint.com retail for $1.99 each, also and you are paying for 0.09 fl.oz of finely milled glitter. The website says:

"The Glitter Powder is vibrant yet soft and non-irritating. A double-shot of glitter to sparkle it up!"
That is something that I can agree with!


Left to Right: Jade, Walnut, Purple, Gold and Silver



The only thing that I absolutely despise about these products is the packaging. The bottles that they come in are impractical for use since a person has to turn it upside down in order to get product out which wastes a lot of unnecessary product. The opening of the bottle is thin and small so not even a brush can fit in there; not that you would want to put your brush in there, as that would be unsanitary. But, what I am going to do with these is buy small round containers from the craft store to put the pigments and glitters in to solve those issues!
Overall, I am obsessed with these bottles of beauty and am looking forward to buying even more (just don't tell my husband, wink wink)!
So, guys, kick your look up a few kicks with colors and glitters that are sure to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment