Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Impression Confession: Maybelline's MasterShape Eyebrow Pencil

I have a confession to make...            A few months ago, I had purchased an eyebrow pencil from Maybelline that I was on the fence about. I loved the formula but hated the packaging because it was made of plastic that you had to sharpen. Very frustrating! I had even said I would not repurchase the pencil because of that issue, but over the course of use, I fell in love with the product itself!

I loved the waxy formula of the product so much that I decided that I wanted to buy it again and was willing to put up with the horrible sharpening package, that I went to Walmart where I had purchased it in the first place, only to discover that I could not find it at all! Not even a display, not even an empty peg where they had once hung! I figured most people complained about the horrid packaging that they discontinued the product, which was unfortunate but understandable.

 But, I found what I believed to be the same product but in packaging that you could sharpen with ease! The packaging even said that this was new, so in my mind I figured it was a re-do of the same formula!



Even the back said that it contained an "exclusive wax technology that keeps brows in place"!




The one I purchased before was in the color Deep Brown, but this time I chose the color Soft Brown for less harsh of a finish to my unruly eyebrows. You can see the color comparison between the two of them below. One is definitely darker and made of plastic packaging while the other is lighter and made of wooden packaging.




Top: Soft Brown
Bottom: Deep Brown


What I love is the soft spoolie that these both come with. It helps to blend the color into the brows and soften their look!




Now, as for the color, I love it and feel that it truly is less harsh and easy to blend into my brows for a natural finish. As for the ease of sharpening the pencil, it is way easier and less maddening than the first one I tried.

YET... As for the formula of this product, it is unfortunately quite disappointing because it is not at all what I expected. Yes, I feel this is slightly waxy, but it is not waxy like the original one that I had tried and loved. The first helped tame my brows greatly, yet this new formula is lacking on the waxiness I had liked. To me, this is a good product, for an average brow pencil, but I am not blown away by the so-called "exclusive wax technology", because I prefer the formula of the first one that I had a love-hate relationship with.

Once this sucker is gone, I hope I can find the original one I tried, because there are days when I need to tame these unruly beasts! And this one just does not cut it!




No comments:

Post a Comment