Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Too Faced Melted Kisses Gift Box

I have always been curious about Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks, but what deterred me from buying one was the price tag. I wasn't sure if I would love the product and I didn't want to spend the money on it and end up feeling disappointed and left wondering, what was so special about these? So, I was excited when I saw a gift set called Melted Kisses that included four deluxe sized samples of Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks!










I purchased this for a steal at Sephora for $25.00! One full sized product retails for $21.00, so this is the perfect gift set to buy for yourself to test the lipstick out to see if this is something you love enough to buy the full sized version of. Or, if you know a lipstick lover out there, this will be the perfect gift!

Too Faced claims that this is a long wear formula that will leave you with a stain on your lips. It is supposed to give you the shine of a gloss but the pigmentation of a lipstick. So, I gave these a whirl to see if they lived up to these promises!

When I first applied this I quickly realized that all I needed to do was squeeze just a little bit of the product out of the tube, because the pigmentation is insane! The texture is so creamy that it spreads smoothly onto the lips with a burst of beautiful color.

Because this is a long wear formula, this isn't going to be a creamy hydrating lipstick/gloss, but neither it is suffocatingly drying. There are some matte and long wear lipsticks out there that will leave you with dry and chapped lips, but not these! These are creamy enough to leave your lips feeling smooth, but as the day goes on and you eat and drink you will lose that shine and creamy feeling and will be left with your lips feeling just a little dry. BUT, it's not a horribly drying feeling.

As for the color that is left on your lips after a few hours, it holds well! Of course, there is fading, but the color is still there, just toned down and muted. You can reapply the lipstick on top and it applies like a dream, still creamy and smooth without looking cakey.

For those who are concerned about scent, there is a subtle sweet scent to these, but it is not sickly sweet at all. It's so subtle, some people may not even notice it. After applying it, the scent does fade away very quickly.










The applicator is an angled velvet tip with fine holes where the product squeezes out, and remember just a little is enough, so squeeze gently! The claim is that this applicator is supposed to give you a precise application, which it truly does. I think because the applicator is angled, it fits and glides right along the lines of your lips easily. You could also use a lip brush that would allow for even more perfect application.

I am sure you are awaiting the swatches, so without further ado, here they are!



No Flash
Left to Right:
Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuchsia, Melted Berry

Flash
Left to Right:
Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuchsia, Melted Berry

Aren't they just gorgeous colors!? I will say that Melted Fuchsia is definitely a lot more hot pink than the camera is picking up, so this color is not for the faint of heart!

Overall, I think that this set has enough variety for people of all color tastes and preferences to be satisfied, and you will get a color or two that maybe isn't in your comfort zone. But, it sure is nice to have some colors to play with and have on hand for special occasions!

Purchasing this set has satisfied my curiosity and has started me longing to purchase a full size of another color or few to add to my collection. Sephora has ten whole colors to chose from that range from neutral to bold, so I cannot wait to play around with them!

Get your hands on this gift set, for yourself or a friend, and I promise you that you will not be disappointed!



Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment