Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2014

NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Gold Digger

I had never tried a NARS lip gloss before so when I purchased a beauty set that included a deluxe sample of NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in the color Gold Digger, I was excited to give this gloss a try!











The full size gloss retails for $26.00 and comes in seventeen different colors on sephora.com. When I read the price tag, I must admit that I was shocked! I thought that the gloss had better be unique and special in order for me to pay almost thirty bucks for a tube of gloss! 







The applicator on the wand is like a small tipped paint brush and is perfect for applying the gloss to the lips. The brush is small enough and dense enough that it applies the product smoothly to the lips and offers easy application.






When swatched, the color is absolutely boring… In the tube it looks as if the color is a sparkly golden shade, but as you can see, it is a clear gloss with gold glitter with very fine silver shimmer. 







Yet, when I applied it to my lips, I saw the prettiness of this gloss reveal itself. For sure, it is nothing more than a clear gloss, but the gold and silver shimmer is what gives the lips a pretty shine. It made my lips look full and shiny, like they where all dressed up for a night out! (LOL) 

Now, because this gloss is so shimmery, I would not wear this during the day as I go about my usual tasks, but I would wear it on a special night out because it just looks fancy and fun on the lips.

Now, the texture is sticky, as most glosses are, but the stickiness of the product makes the gloss stay on longer without having to reapply as often. But, sticky lipgloss does get annoying after awhile when hair gets caught and stuck and such. So, if thick sticky glosses are not your thing, than you might not love this gloss.

Personally, I think that there are other glosses out there from drugstore brands that will give you this same effect for a much cheaper price. $26.00 is way too steep for a lip gloss in my opinion. Especially since this one did not blow me away!




Have A great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment