Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee' in Pink Escape

I have been intrigued by Josie Maran's beauty line at Sephora, especially since her products contain natural ingredients! So, when I purchased a kit at Sephora that included her Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee' in the color Pink Escape, I was eager to test this out!








These retail for $22.00 each on Sephora.com and it comes in nine colors total. 

The claim of this product is that (among other ingredients) it is infused with argan oil, along with fifty percent coconut water that is to instantly hydrate. This promises to deliver up to fourteen hours of color and hydration. This is supposed to give the look of a cream blush with the long-lasting color of a gel stain.


Before I dipped my fingers into the product



After I dipped my fingers into the product


When I first touched the product, I was pleased, because the texture of this product is a firm, almost rubbery gel. When first opened, it looks almost like liquid because it is so shiny, but after using it, you can see that it takes on that solid gel appearance. 

You can use either your fingertips or a brush to apply this product, so I used my fingertips to get a feel for how this product performs. This feels so lightweight, as if it sinks into your skin making you feel as if your not wearing anything on your cheeks. 



Pink Escape, One Swipe


The satin left behind after swatching on my arm!


When using my fingers to apply this product I get a wash of color with the first application and it looks so natural, despite the color in the pot. The color comes across a bright fuchsia, but when applied to the cheeks, it is a flush of deep rose. Like any stain, you have to work fast with the product and quickly blend it out, otherwise you will be left with unevenness and strong color in patches on your cheeks. So, use just a little bit on the first application and take it from there!

The longevity of the wear time of this is average. I have not wore this for fourteen hours straight, but I have wore this several times on a typical day, from morning til evening time around 6:00, and I do notice some fading, probably because I have an oily face. But, it holds well throughout the important parts of the day.
For those who are sensitive to smell of beauty products, you will be pleased to know that this has absolutely no scent whatsoever! 

I can foresee this product lasting quite a long while since all you truly need is just a little bit, so you are getting your money's worth.

Would I purchase this product on it's own with the $22.00 price tag? Hmmm… I love how natural this looks,  how easy this is to apply, and the formula and texture is pretty cool, but I am not amazed or in love with this. I don't hate this on any level, it just doesn't blow me away. 

I guess it's just one of those products that I wished I had fallen head over heels for…

Feel free to share what your thoughts about the product are!



Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment