Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Eva NYC Surfs Up! Texture Spray

In My Boxycharm last month I received an interesting hair product, the type that I have never tried before by any brand, so I was eager to see how this would play out! This is from Eva NYC and it is their Surfs Up! Texture Spray in a 1oz travel sized bottle which is perfect to take along with me in my bag! I have not tried anything from this brand, nor even heard of Eva NYC before, so I was curious to see how this would play out.

On Eva NYC's website  the full sized 5.3 oz full-sized version retails for $24.00 and they claim that this will give your hair beachy waves and insane volume, leaving you with a matte finish.












I know this is kind of funny to say about the packaging of a hair product, but I think this is cute! I think the pinkish-orange and purple on the bottle is really adorable!








The nozzle on the spray bottle is typical for a spray product and it hasn't clogged up on me yet, which is lovely! Sometimes there are hair sprays and other products out there that will clog or get goopy. This one has stood the test of time so far!

The formula is a clear spray so it will not show up in dark hair, which is such a blessing for us dark haired girls. I have used this only on the roots because I love adding volume to my hair, and this one delivers! I spray this in my roots and work it in with my fingers and it gives my hair a nice tousled lifted look without it feeling crunchy. I can still run my fingers through my hair, thankfully!

I would have to say that I do not notice the matte finish that this claims to leave behind. Maybe because I have dark hair already, not sure... But, I am okay with that.

I have to mention that I adore the scent of this product! I cannot put my finger on it, but it reminds me of a lovely perfume that I have in my collection. I hesitate to say that this has a faint hint of Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume... Maybe it is just me, but this is what I am smelling! It has a slightly sweet scent that I truly enjoy, and it lingers for most of the day!

I am so glad that I received this in my box last month, because I have fallen in love with a new product that I would definitely repurchase in their full-sized version!




Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment