Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

BareMinerals Well-Rested Face And Eye Brightener

I have become a fan of BareMinerals products this past year, because I find that they are of high quality and their performance is outstanding! When I received their Well-Rested Face And Eye Brightener in a recent Sephora beauty kit, I was very excited to try this out!












This retails on Spephra's website for $22.00 and comes in one color, Clear, which they say is suitable for all skin tones. They claim that this will highlight and illuminate the skin, while minimizing dark spots, wrinkles, lines and discolorations over time.

To get the product out, you twist the bottom of the pen until the product comes out of the middle of the brush tipped applicator. I like products like this, because you can crank out as much or as little as you like and not feel like you have wasted any product.









This is the typical plastic brush tipped applicator and the product comes cleanly out the middle. Personally, for the face, I am not a huge fan of this type of application, because the tip will get dirty from using it over and over. As far as hygiene, this is not the most sanitary way to apply the product onto your skin.










Above on the left is a swatch of the product squeezed and brushed out out and on the right,  it is  sheered out. Initially when applying, this has a creaminess that becomes slightly tacky that then dries down and will not budge.

They say that you can wear this on bare skin or over makeup, depending on your preference and the look that you want that day.

Now, I have heard that some people have tried this out underneath the eyes, and some like it, some hate it. I personally hate it for under the eyes, because this is such a reflective product, that it looks ashy and extremely strange. Because it is reflective, it highlights the fine lines under the eyes, and the look is ghastly on me! Thus, I am not a fan of using this under the eyes.

However, if this is blended out on the cheekbones, inner eyes, or the bridge of the nose this looks beautiful! It highlights without it looking sparkly and overdone.

This is a nice highlighter that I know I can rely on because it will not budge and it looks subtle.

Another great product from BareMinerals that I found I enjoy!



Have A Wonderful Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment