Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

e.l.f. HD Blush In, "Headliner"

I have been a little intrigued by blush lately, liquid blush included! So, when I was at Target perusing the makeup isle and checking out the e.l.f. products figuring out what I should purchase to try, my eyes kept going back to their HD Blush. I figured for $3.00, I just had to try one! Honestly, e.l.f. has been a hit and miss brand for me, but the color, "Headliner", was so pretty, I had high hopes for this!

They claim that this is a highly pigmented lightweight creamy product that is long wearing. I assume they call this an HD blush because they say this will naturally sculpt and highlight your cheekbones for a soft-focus effect. Interesting!








The bottle is made of sturdy plastic, the kind that I feel would hold up well and not break easily. I always want my makeup products well protected and the cap clicks securely back onto the bottle and stays snug. I would feel okay packing this in a makeup bag and traveling with this.

You can see, it fits into the palm of my hand and is the perfect size for traveling! And if, you wanted to take this on a plane with you, you easily could, because this is only 0.51oz.










The pump on this is perfect, it pumps out a small amount of product so you never have to worry about a ton of product spilling out. There's no need to worry about wasting blush with this pump!















The color is a beautiful natural rose-pink that looked like it would add just the prettiest flush to the cheeks. This would be so wonderful for everyday wear and just an easy color that would go with any beauty look that you want for that day. You can see from the above picture just how consistent and bright the color of the blush is.

Before you pump the product out, make sure that you shake the bottle, otherwise the blush will come out watery. When it is shaken, the texture of this blush is so velvety-soft and creamy when you touch it with your finger.










You can see how pigmented the blush is when it is blended out! All I did was pumped out the tiny little dot that you saw on my hand in the picture above and blended that out. You can see that a little goes a super long way! I know the swatch above is still pretty intense, but you can blend it out even more if you prefer.

I do not notice this blush giving me any kind of effect that other liquid blushes don't. This applies just like a typical liquid blush and appears just like a typical blush. I believe their HD claim is more of a gimmick than anything because there is nothing very special about this blush.

What I do not like about this product is that this does not last long at all! I use a stippling brush to apply this and it gives me a pretty flush of pink on the cheeks. Yet, just three hours later, I notice that the blush has faded and is barely noticeable at all... The longevity of this product is horrible! Why bother with this blush when it doesn't stay?

Overall, I am high unimpressed with e.l.f.'s HD Blush that I am not recommending this nor repurchasing this. This was another miss e.l.f. product once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment