Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beauty For Real, The Perfect Lip Pencil

There are times when a lipgloss does need a lip liner, but it needs to be the perfect lip liner to go with it, and Beauty For Real claims to have the only lip liner that you will ever need, because they say it is a true lip tone and will compliment any shade of gloss that you apply.

This retails on Beauty For Real's website for $14 and of course, comes in only one color option! But, hey, they say it is the only color everybody will ever need, remember?

Interesting... Let's see how this lives up to that heavy claim!















I like how the product comes in a box, because for me it is a special touch that makes opening the package feel like a present waiting to reveal itself.  I must say, that this particular box has a lot to say about the lip pencil inside! 













I never loved a beauty pencil that comes in the form that you need to self sharpen. It is totally a personal thing, but I passionately dread sharpening eyeliners and lip pencils, so I use them until they are flat. And still, I wait a long time before I sharpen them again... For me, it is highly annoying to sharpen a beauty product. In the stores I tend to pass by liners that need to be sharpened by hand and will spend a little extra on twist up pencils to save myself from future woes.

As for the pencil itself, it feels very light weight, and the cap itself is made of plastic and pulls off the pencil with a good tug. Happily, it is very snug and doesn't feel as if the cap will fall easily off at all. So, you can rest assured that this will stay well protected!














This is a mauve-brown neutral color that I would describe as a deep nude color. When this is worn on the lips it applies extremely neutral, and is neither too dark nor too light. It gives just the right definition to the lips while remaining natural looking! 













You can see from the lined swatches you can build up the color to make it lighter or darker depending on your preference or lip color.

This does pair beautifully with lip glosses from neutral to deeper tones, because it adds that perfect definition to the lips without leaving a harsh line.

The formula is more dry than creamy, but it does not dry out the lips. Because it is more on the dry side, it stays in place and will last longer as you wear it throughout the day. 

Honestly, is this a unique color? Is this lip pencil a one of a kind that you cannot find anywhere else? Nah... I have lip pencils that are similar in color and texture, and they are cheaper in price than this one is. So, for me this does not stand out nor does it amaze me. I can find a lip pencil pretty similar to this at the drugstore. It's not worth the $14 price tag.

Thus, I am left a little underwhelmed with this lip pencil...

What's your holy grail lip product? 



Have A Wonderful Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment