Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel In, "Pink A Boo"

I always love a lip product, it doesn't matter if it is a gloss of lipstick or even a lip balm! So, when I receive a lippy in my Boxycharm, which has been just about every month since I started subscribing, I have been so very excited! In February there was a Velvet Shine Lip Jewel included from Jing Ai, a brand that I had not ad the pleasure of trying before.

Let's check it out together!

You can find this lip pencil on Jing Ai's website here where you can find this lip pencil in four colors total, from pink to red! They claim that this is a highly pigmented hydrating lip pencil, and on a high note, this brand is 100% cruelty free!

















I love it when a beauty product comes in a cute little box, it just makes it feel like I am unwrapping a pretty present. Oh, the anticipation!
























This came in the color, "Pink A Boo", a pretty looking watermelon color from the appearance of it. With my skin tone, which has yellow undertones, it has to be the right shade of pink in order for it to look good on me, otherwise it comes off chalky.

I am one of those who doesn't mind a chubby lip pencil, because I find that they act as a lipliner and lipstick in one! I can easily and precisely line my lips with this and fill them in in a no fuss manner.

Don't worry, there is no sharpening required for this product (thankfully!), because all you have to do is twist it up from the bottom and you get more product! As you know, I despise sharpening anything!





This swatches so pretty!




Swatching this on my arm, this came off as such a pretty watermelon color, it reminds me of summertime! Immediately when swatching, I could tell that this was going to be glossy and full of color!

This is such a silky formula, it glides onto the lips like butter! I love how moisturizing this wears on the lips through out the day. Even though this is highly pigmented like a lipstick, this does not dry out your lips at all!





Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in, "Pink A Boo"
Before



When first applying this to my lips, I was shocked, only because this color comes off more like a strawberry pink on my lips. Unfortunately, I do not like the color of this on me personally, because it comes off too chalky. On others, this would be so very pretty! But, for reviews sake I did apply this to my lips as I normally would have so I could see how this product performs.

I did notice that the color did settle into the lines on my lips, which is not my favorite thing in the world, but I figure that is because the product is somewhat glossy, while still performing like a lipstick.

This lines my lips beautifully and feels so comfortable when I wear it throughout the day. I almost forget that I am wearing it, because it isn't goopy or sticky.

When I wore this, I drank tea and I saw that the color transferred onto the cup, as you can see in the picture below...









I also did snack on some tangerines and chips. Never once did I look in the mirror, but the whole time I thought that the lip color had completely come off, because of the lip prints I had seen on my tea cup.

But, four hours later, I did a check in the mirror and this is what I saw:




Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in, "Pink A Boo"
four hours later



Holy smokes! I was so shocked to see that the color was still there! True, the glossiness wasn't there anymore, but the color had "stained" my lips, if you will, and was noticeably still there. This lipstick hangs on strong, I love how long wearing this is! Even once it had somewhat faded, my lips still felt moisturized and comfortable.

I love this, it is everything a person could want in a chubby lip pencil. I would love to repurchase this in a different color because it performs phenomenally! Definitely, check these out for yourself, I promise you will not be disappointed!



Have A Wonderful Day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment