Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Mally High-Shine Liquid Lipstick Pens

Lipgloss is one of those products that I fall for every single time, and Mally Beauty's High-Shine Liquid Lipsticks are no exception! This lipgloss is one of Mally's best sellers and retail for $20.00. They come in 31 different colors to chose from, so there is a color that will suit everybody's likes.































The colors I have are:
Raspberry- Deep rose pink with fine shimmer
Peach Sorbet- Peachy pink with a creme finish
Blossom- Light mauve with fine shimmer with a metallic finish (metallic in my opinion)
Punch- Deep pink with a creme finish
Gorgelina- Baby pink with shimmer*
Starburst- Baby pink with shimmer*
*There is absolutely no difference in color or finish between Gorgelina and Starburst




On Mally's website the claim of this product is that this is a 4-in-1 product because this formula acts as your lip primer, lipstick, lipgloss and lip liner all in one. Now, that is a mighty heavy claim, so I thought since I have six of these colors and have used these for well over a year now that  I would share my thoughts with you.

Lip Primer: A primer is supposed to let the product you are applying over it last for a considerably long time, so I have a few issues with this claim. Naturally, because this is a glossy product the gloss will wear off over time as will the color intensity. But, after a few hours the stickiness of this formula is still left on the lips. The stickiness is what helps the product last, but just don't expect your lips to look like they did when you first applied it.

Lipstick: A lipstick is full of pigmentation, and I expect intense pigmentation from a lipstick, so with this particular claim, I am on the fence with, because while it does pack a pretty punch of color, it is not opaque like a lipstick. The product comes off more subtle like a gloss does, not a lipstick. 

Lipgloss: Of course this is glossy! It leaves a beautiful shine of color on the lips! Enough said!

Lip Liner: Now this left me a touch confused, because to me a lip liner defines the lips, and to me this does not perform like a liner should. But, I never expect a lipgloss to define my lips and this product does not line and define like pencil liner would, yet, at the same time, it does not travel outside the lines of the lips. Still, this claim it makes I cannot agree with.










The brush applicator I enjoy more than I thought I would. This is a twist up product and the gloss comes out of the brush tip. It is a (originally) white plastic brush and glides the gloss across the lips very precisely. Even though it is a plastic tipped brush, it does not leave the gloss streaky on the lips. 

Overall, the formula, while it has a subtle stickiness to it (which I feel helps it last), is more creamy and wears comfortably on the lips. When applying it,  I caution you that a little bit goes a very long way! Use this sparingly, because if you apply too much it will look goopy. So, start with a  dab, because that is enough for this product to do its job gorgeously!

If you are not a fan of sparkles in your lipgloss, you are not alone, because neither am I! But the sparkles in Mally's lipgloss are more of a extremely fine shimmer that I believe helps to make the gloss appear more shiny on the lips. There are no chunky glitters in this gloss! 

If you want your lips too have the color and glossiness that it had the first time you applied it, you will have to reapply this after eating and drinking, because it will wear off some. But, for me that is no big deal. 

There is a subtle scent to this product that I can't quite place. It's not strong and overwhelming; it is more of a faintly sweet scent. After wearing it for a few minutes you can't smell it, so it does not bother me. But, than again, I like my lipgloss to have a sweet scent, so I like it!

On to the swatches!



Left to right:
Blossom, Starburst, Peach Sorbet, Raspberry, Gorgelina, Punch









Blossom








Starburst









Peach Sorbet










Raspberry









Gorgelina








Punch



If you want to try a beautiful high end lipgloss, I highly reccomend that you give Mally's High-Shine Liquid Lipstick Pens a try. Personally, I really enjoy this lipgloss, which is why I have collected six of them over time and am looking forward to adding more to my collection! 



If you have tried this product, let me know which colors are your favorites so I can give them a try! 




Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment