Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Elf's Studio Line Lip Exfoliator

It is winter and my lips get chapped, they get dry and flakey, which is no good for someone like me who loves wearing lip products! When it comes to exfoliating my lips I had used a homemade lip scrub that I had posted about a few years ago when I had first started blogging that you can find here if you are interested. I had got it from the beautiful Marlena from Makeup Geek! Consistently I have used this recipe because it certainly works and is cheaper than buying the high-end fancy lip scrubs that I have been very tempted to purchase several times in the recent past! Trust me, this recipe is tried and true, if you want to give it a whirl :)

Yet, I have been intrigued to test out Elf's Lip Exfoliator from their studio line and happened to shrug my shoulders at the $3.00 price tag when I was at my local Wal Mart one day and threw it into my cart. After having this for about two months now I thought I would share my thoughts about this with you!



Just so you know, this is CLEAR ;)










I must admit that for such cheap prices, Elf has some very sleek looking packaging that I just love! The lid clicks snuggly back into place so you don't ever have to worry about losing the top to this! I despise cruddy lose enclosing tops to any makeup product!






I took the before picture of this in anticipation of doing a review on it. You can see, it's even shaped like a lipstick, formed to glide onto your lips. I love how you can see the sugar inside the product, the whole stick looks so smooth and clean, it's dying to be used!






And this is what it look like after several uses! I just love how you can see the sugar breaking out of the product, because this is what really scrubs the dead skin off your lips!

I use this once a week, although sometimes I have used it twice a week depending on how dried out my lips have been. I don't ever suggest exfoliating more often than that because the skin on the lips is so delicate that once a week should be enough.

I swipe this bad boy across my lips until I feel enough product has been slathered on, and than I rub my lips together for a few seconds to really work the sugar into my lips. After that I take a cotton pad and get it damp so I can rub the sugar right off. I like to use straight up Vaseline after I exfoliate because nothing is as moisturizing as petroleum jelly!

My lips instantly feel smooth as butter!

The scent is not my favorite, because it smells like cheap brown sugar to me... and the taste (because you will taste this as you use it) is like cheap brown sugar. Comparing the taste to the homemade sugar/honey exfoliator I have used, the Elf exfoliator is not my favorite scent or taste.

BUT, it does deliver on its promise to remove dead skin and leave your lips feeling smooth and hydrated! Honestly, despite the scent and taste (please, don't eat this product!) I would use this again and repurchase this again because it will do the same job that any high-end lip exfoliator will do, but with a much more attractive price tag!

What are your thoughts on this?




Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment