Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Impression Confession: Mally Beauty's Evercolor Shadow Stick in, "Saddle Shimmer"

I have a confession to make...         Here is one of the reviews that I have promised to bring your way from the Mally Beauty's Bulletproof Essentials kit that I purchased a few weeks ago.

Here is the Evercolor Shadow Stick in the color, "Saddle Shimmer", a eyeshadow pencil for your eyes. 

First off, the packaging is very lightweight and the cap snaps on securely, so no worries that it will just slide off on its own in your bag. 









The convenience of this is wonderful, because it is so light, portable and fits in your makeup bag like the rest of your eyeliners. I would definitely take this with me traveling!

I could not believe how buttery and silky soft the application was! It seriously made my mouth drop, it felt so luxurious! There was no tugging, whatsoever! This glided right on and quickly set in a matter of seconds. When I watched Mally's video on Youtube about how to use all of these products, she said there was thirty seconds of playtime with this product before it would set and not budge! 

The color of this is gorgeous! It is a shimmery copper that seems to really glisten and shine. It is beautiful and would look phenomenal on all skin tones!

Taken in doors 


Taken outdoor in the sunlight

I have worn this on my lower lash line and on my upper lash line as an eyeliner and it looks so pretty. I have also worn this  all over the eyelid, which I will show you below...

I decided to test out the longevity of this product to see how it held up. I put this on at 12:30 in the afternoon all by itself, so primer, no eyeshadow, no nothing on my lids! 

12:30am

Excuse the eyebrows, it was not a good day for them! (I did absolutely nothing to them!)


8:45pm

I wore this for about eight hours, and you can tell in the after picture that the color had worn off and it did crease, which was unfortunate. But, I do have very oily eyelids so I am hoping that with primer underneath it will hold up a lot better than it did without. When I test that theory out, I will update this post and let you know! 

I really love the formula and ease of application, not to mention the gorgeous color! Would I repurchase this, or purchase different colors? Hmmm... A single one alone retails for $25.00, and I am just not quite sure if I would pay that kind of money for it. Don't get me wrong, the quality it outstanding! But, personally, for my oily lids, this is not a stand-alone product, if you will. On me, this needs primer in order to stay all day. Not surprised by that, just disappointed... On ones with non-oily lids, I imagine this product would work fantastically on you!

Yet, this is very travel friendly and I would recommend this to someone who is traveling for quick application and less bulk to carry in their beauty bag! 

I am still using this several times a week for lining my lash lines, because it is so soft and such an amazing color! So, I love it for that, just not all over my lids ;)

Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment