Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover

I have a confession to make...       There is nothing I hate more than removing mascara! Somedays I intentionally do not wear any because I dread taking it off at night before bed. Yet, I adore wearing mascara... (its very frustrating!)

I decided to try out a new makeup remover, as the Up And Up brand from Target (their cheap version of the Neutrogena one) was not cutting it for me. I purchased mine at Target for $4.99, which was not cheap but not expensive for drugstore price. 




I have been using this bottle for about two months now, and I only use it for my eyes, while I use the Clean and Clear makeup remover wipes for my face. 




The instructions on the back tell you to shake the bottle in order to activate the dual phase formula. The first phase claims to break up stubborn makeup, even waterproof mascara while the second phase claims to wash it clean. 


This is before it has been shaken.
You can see the seperation.


This is after it is shaken

They claim this has quick dissolving power, so no rubbing is necessary and that their oil-free formula leaves no greasy residue. They do instruct you to rinse with warm water after you are done.

So, after using this for almost two months, I can say that I really do think that this works great for a makeup remover. To remove my mascara I pour some of the remover onto my makeup remover wipe after I am done taking off my face makeup and just hold the wipe to my eye for about ten or fifteen seconds and instantly, a whole bunch of mascara has ben removed! I will admit that you have to repeat the process about three times on each eye to completely remove all of the mascara, but I think that it breaks up hard to remove mascara wonderfully!

As far as a residue, it does leave behind a feeling of oil... even though I know they say it is oil free, I still get that oily feeling before I rinse it off with water. Yet, they claimed no greasy feeling, so they were right about that! I think that all makeup removing formulas leave behind some sort of residue that is easy to wash away, so to me, it is no big deal!


The top of the bottle is great for easy pour! 

Over all, I will definitely repurchase this when I run out! It has lasted me a long time and is easy to work along with my mascaras!

Loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment