Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Impression Confession: NYX Butter Gloss

I have a confession to make...           I have a bajillion lip glosses, lipsticks, lip balms, lip stains... I really truly do not need any more lippys because I barely use up any of them to the point of it being empty! Yet, I always get suckered into trying new products that come out, especially when they are pretty colors!

NYX butter glosses may not be new to you, but they are new to me, and I picked up a pack of three from ulta.com for $9.99. Individually these retail for $4.99 each on Ulta's website, so this was great deal! 



Here are the colors that came in the pack: 



Left to Right: Creme Brûlée, Apple Strudel and Merengue

I had really been wanting to try out Apple Strudel, so this was a score for me!


Apple Strudel

Apple Strudel is a soft pretty pink-coral color.


Creme Brûlée

Creme Brûlée is a mauve-nude color.


Merengue

Merengue is a pastel lilac color.


Left to right: Apple Strudel, Merengue and Creme Brûlée


These come in twelve different shades, and I noticed from swatches online that these are all soft color shades, none of them overly bright and in your face. 

The formula of these is AMAZING! NYX says that these will melt onto your lips, and I must agree with that description! These glide on and feel so comfortable and smooth, wet, but not over wet and definitely not sticky! When applied, the lips look like shining glass, it is beautiful! It really is different in that respect from many other lip glosses I have tried.

I have to mention the scent that these carry! I don't mind a scent as long as it is enjoyable, and I must say that these glosses are divine! No joke, my first immediate thought when I smelled this was, "Sweet pink sugar-candy", if that makes any sense to you. It is not overpowering and strong like the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, but sweet and pleasant instead, like a sweet sugary bakery (hence the names of all the glosses!). Let me just say that you have to like sweet scents to enjoy wearing these. The smell, of course wears off, so never fear! 

Really, these glosses are one of a kind. If you haven't already, I recommend that you try these out. They offer a decadence unlike any other lip product out there and there is enough variety to please any palette!






No comments:

Post a Comment