Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Impression Confession: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I have a confession to make...        I bought another lip product a few days ago, feeling totally guilty because I already have a basketful of lippys! I have sworn to wear either lipstick or lipgloss everyday so I can use them all up! HAHA!

I just had to try a Revlon Balm Stain, because I had heard so many great things about them, and I wanted to experience the amazingness that I had been missing out on!  

I was attracted to the color Smitten, but I have dozens of lipsticks and lip glosses already extremely similar. I chose the color Rendezvous, a pretty coral orange! 














The packaging is pretty cool, it feel like a giant crayon to me, making me feel like I am a five year old drawing on my lips! I won't ever have to fear about the lid coming off because the top is very secure. To get even more product out, all you have to do is twist the top of the "crayon", so no sharpening required! Very convenient for on the go!

I enjoyed the mint scent of this, it reminded me of the cup of mint tea that I enjoy from time to time. Its like a sweet peppermint scent that feels very refreshing on the lips, like they are perking up! 

When I applied this to my lips, I thought it would drag and tug, almost feel drying, but I was wrong. Revlon's website says that this is made with a gel formula, which was what helped this glide onto my lips with ease. It felt like I had a cross between a lipstick and a gloss on. It is not sticky nor dying! Happily, this did not dry out my lips whatsoever! Actually, this helped my lips feel instantly moisturized, even as I continued to wear it on its own throughout the day. Whoot Whoot!

I will admit that I thought that this color would be a lot more orange like the actual product. So, when I applied it,  I was a little surprised, but not disappointed. I enjoyed the soft peachy color I got from this. But, than the day wore on, and the stain must have taken effect, because this did appear more orange on my lips. It wore nicely, with no patchiness that some stains have left on my lips while they had faded through out the day. 

Below is a picture the first day I wore it right after I applied it.
Under that picture is a photo of me on a different day after I had worn it for a little over an hour. You can see that the stain seems to deepen a little after wearing it. 

Just after application


Over an hour after application

Overall, I really like this product! What I feel makes these stand out from other stains is the fact that these give your lips lasting color without drying them out. If you are in the market for a lip product to stain your lips, than treat your lips right and try out Revlon's Kissable Balm Stains!

Once I use up a few of the lip products from my stash, than yes, I want more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment