Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Impression Confession: Mally Beauty's Evercolor Poreless Face Defender

I have a confession to make...     This one is regarding Mally's Evercolor Poreless Face Defender product, an item I had been coveting for possibly two years! I have very oily skin and I always have to blot my face between two to three times a day, depending on the occasion. So, I thought, hey, I wonder if this interesting product from Mally would work for me, too?

This travel sized Face Defender came with Mally's Bulletproof Essentials kit that I purchased on Ulta.com for $49.00, a wonderful deal with all the rest of the full sized products that came with it!

I have been testing this out for a good three weeks now, and I am ready to give you my full and honest opinion about this product. 








Regarding the packaging, it is a pretty pearl-pink color, definitely girly! But, the packaging on this seems plastic, cheap, breakable and flimsy. Maybe it is because this is a travel sized product? The silver overlay on the name, Mally, on the front of the compact is already rubbing off, so it only adds to the cheap look of the packaging, unfortunately. I am imaging that the full sized product's packaging is more durable because I have seen it in a completely different compact than this one, but I cannot tell you for sure. 

What I do appreciate about the compact is that it is slender and portable, so it slips into your purse without adding extra weight or bulk. It is light and small enough to take on your travels!




This comes with a basic thin foam sponge to apply the product with. There is a bottom to the compact that opens up where you can store the sponge. That is also where you will find the mirror for when applying the product. The pain about that, is that you have to switch back and forth to pick up product and than back again to look into the mirror to apply it. I wonder why they couldn't have just put the mirror in the same compartment as the product itself...





As for the product itself, it is most interesting! You can see that it is a clear powder. Yes, powder! That is what Mally herself called the product in her Youtube video explaining how to apply this. 




In the picture above you can see how this product looks like a little more. It is very hard to explain!




Here is a dab of it on my finger that I picked up from the compact. I thought about swatching it for you, but it basically just disappeared! 

Touching the compact, it feels like rubber (almost), not hard not soft, but firm. When you pick up product with your finger and rub it between your fingers it feels like silk that diminishes into nothingness! It is the strangest feeling I have ever experienced in a makeup product, leaving it very hard to describe! 

I have applied this over my foundation and over my powder and it is amazing! I have even applied this onto my bare skin before it would get oily and after it was oily. Instantly it leaves my skin feeling extremely soft and silky! I would touch my face through out the day after applying it, and it still felt like silk. I did not notice any oil whatsoever. I almost wondered if this interesting gel-like-silk formula created a barrier between my oil and my skin!

I will say, that in my opinion, this did not completely mattify my face, even though it reduced the shine. It was almost as if this left a glow, almost a satin glow to my face. Yet, when I would touch my face, it wasn't oily! It was super soft, like silk, still. It left me unsure of how I felt about this. I wasn't completely in love with that effect it had on me, because I prefer a completely matte look on me. 

Now, I applied this product exactly how it instructs. To dab the sponge into the powder and than dab, NOT RUB, onto the face. Mally warns that if you rub, it will move your makeup. Well, I still noticed that there was some transfer of makeup onto the sponge, but maybe that was because my skin was so oily? That is my guess. So, keep that in mind.

Would I repurchase this? 

Hmmm... this is an amazing product, no doubt about it! I have bittersweet feelings for this, because as much as I like it, I do not love it. I find myself knowing that this is something that I could easily live without and it is not necessary to my makeup routine. Yet, I will use this and enjoy it for as long as I have it. But, I wasn't in love with the satin effect this left on my skin enough to go and buy the full sized product. 

I find that my Clean And Clear Oil Absorbing sheets do an amazing job of removing oils without removing a smidge of makeup with it. And they are only $5.00 for a pack of fifty sheets! 

I am not giving this a negative review, because I like it, but love other products that help with my oiliness better! Yet, I think that a lot of you out there will love and enjoy this product if you love the look of satin skin! It just doesn't suit me well.

And that is something I am bummed about...


No comments:

Post a Comment