Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere", Review And Swatches

I just had to do it, guys... I had to get on the ColourPop band wagon and see what all the hype is about this brand. ColourPop is all over Youtube and all over the Internet and I must say, I could not hold back anymore, so I ordered a few goodies from the brand to check it for myself.

One of the things I picked up to review was two Lippie Stix, one of them being, "Lumiere", which I am reviewing for you today. You all know I am a sucker for lipsticks and lip glosses and such. So, let's see what I thought about this!

You can check out the "Lumiere" Lippie Stix here, along with an array of several Lippie Stix in every color under the rainbow! Seriously! These retail for $5.00 each, which is around what you will pay for at your local drugstore, if not even less! I appreciate that for most all of their products, they have three people with three different skin tones, ranging from fair, medium to dark, with swatches of the shade you are checking out. You can see what that shade will look like on your particular skin tone, because we all know, what might look amazing on one skin tone, may not look good on all...






ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"



ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"


ColourPop Cosmetics does NOT test on animals! YAY!!!



ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"




ColourPop claims that this is a long wearing lipstick that is full of pigmentation and offers full coverage. They even go so far as to say that their matte finish is comfortable to wear. And we all have our own experiences with matte lipsticks, so I hoped that this would deliver on it's promises!





Colour Pop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"




ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"




ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"





ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere"





The Lippie Stix are slim and retractable, which I thought makes for some really convenient storage and travel. You do not have to store or haul with you a (or several) small bulky tube(s) of lipstick! This design saves on space for us makeup lovers out there.

"Lumiere" is a matte lipstick, but when applying this, you will have no clue that it is matte! I say that, because when applying matte's they tend to have a dry formula that drags across the lips when you apply it. Because of that, they have the tendency to dry out the lips uncomfortably as it is worn through out the day. But, ColourPop's matte formula is creamy and glides beautifully on the lips, no tugging whatsoever! This is a dream to apply!

When wearing it through out the day, yes, there is transfer, but as the color is worn, you are left with a beautiful stain that is still true to color of the product itself. I would never guess this is a matte lipstick because of how comfortable it is to wear.  It holds up extremely well through out the day, I never felt as if I needed to reapply it!





ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere" Swatch





ColourPop Lippie Stix, "Lumiere" Lip Swatch



Unfortunately, the camera was not picking up the dusty mauve that this lippie truly is. I think that the hand swatch better delivers on the color of the product, better than the lip swatch. But, from the lip swatch you can see just how full coverage this product really is. It is rich in pigmentation!

I have to say that I adore ColourPop Lippie Stix, they are a new obsession of mine now, because their formula is outstanding! If their matte lippies are comfortable and a pleasure to wear, I can't wait to test out their other finishes!

For $5.00 each, this is my favorite lip product around. Stalk up on "Lumiere" and check out the other endless options they have. ColourPop offers free shipping if you spend $30.00, which I think is awesome!

Imagine all the goodies you can get with $30.00....



Have A Wonderful Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment