Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black" Review And Swatches

Yes, I understand you might be a little fed up with my e.l.f. reviews, but I will tell you that I bought a plethora of e.l.f. beauty products and have been testing these babies out for the past few weeks or so and I am dying to bring to you my thoughts on them. And that includes the e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner in the color, Black!

The e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner retails for just one whole dollar! Say Whaaaat!? That is an incredible deal and I was drawn in, wondering how these $1.00 liquid eyeliner pens performed.  Check out their selection on the website here where you can find this liquid eyeliner in six different colors.

e.l.f. claims that their liquid eyeliner will not smudge nor budge and that it will last for hours. They say that the fine tip will allow you to create a bold line on your lash lines.

Let's check this out!




e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"




e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"




e.l.f. Essentail Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"




e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"




I absolutely love how skinny this eyeliner pen is, because it is as slender as a regular ink pen and is easy to handle and use because it is so lightweight and fits perfectly into your fingers. Not to mention, the cap clicks securely into place, so it will ease your mind knowing that it should help keep the product from drying out.

Oh, and because it is so slender and the cap is reliably secure, this makes an awesome beauty product to travel with! And that, my friends, is always a perk in my book!




e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"




You can see that the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen does have an extremely fine tip, making it a breeze to create that thin precise line on your upper lash line. I have found that this pen helps to create that delicate outer wing because of the fine tip on the pen. Usually I just draw the outline and fill it in from there. Easy breezy!





e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"



Just take a look at the swatches in the above picture! This is from when I first opened up the package and experimented with the liquid eyeliner. It was a very pigmented jet black, and I was very happy to see that!

e.l.f. does warn on the back of the package that you need to store this in a jar of sorts with the tip pointing down in order to ensure that the product does not dry out. And that is what I do! ;)





e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, "Black"



Just look at how awesome this product stays on! I gently rubbed my fingers across the swatches to see if they would smear or smudge, and just take a look at how amazingly they withstood the test! It is true, it did fade just a touch, it was not as jet black as before, but really, how often are we going to be rubbing our eyes with makeup on? This impressed me greatly!

Well, after about a week and a half of using and enjoying e.l.f.'s Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, I did notice that despite storing it upright in a jar with the tip pointed down, the product started to dry out more than I liked. It started to take several pass-overs to get my liner pigmented and filled in. I would constantly have to pause in the process and shake the pen, hoping that it would help to warm the product up again and get the tip saturated enough to finish the job. But, it has not been as pigmented as the first few times I used it... And why should we have to be fighting with our products to get them to do the job they are designed to do?

So, for the reason that the e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen does not last more than two weeks in tip top working order, I am failing this product. To me, it does not matter if it is only $1.00, it still needs to have the quality and performance that I expect from any beauty product that I will be using on a daily basis.

Anyone out there have a holy grail e.l.f. product that they cannot live without? Please do tell!



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment