Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break", Review And Swatches

Okay, so I promise that this will be the last e.l.f. review for awhile... It's just that I have experimented with these products recently and can't wait to tell you about them! So, without further ado, lets talk about one of the e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows in the color, "Lunch Break"!

I purchased this on e.l.f.'s website for $3.00, but as I write this post, they are having a sale on their Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows, and the sale price is only $1.99! (As if they weren't already cheap to begin with!) Check it out here, but right now, the color I am reviewing, "Lunch Break", is out of stock. But check out the other eight eyeshadows in this line, there might be something that peaks your interest! 
 
e.l.f. claims that their mineral eyeshadow is made with all natural ingredients and you can apply this either wet or dry and build it up to your desired intensity. 

Lets check this out for ourselves, shall we?




e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break"


e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break"
Back Of Box


e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break"



I really appreciate that the eyeshadow compact came in its own individual box, because I think it would normally help to prevent the product from breaking, especially when it is being mailed. But, check out what happened to my eyeshadow...




e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch break"
I received this a little broken...



e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break"
Yup, completely broken :(



Despite any form of protection that was offered, this eyeshadow is so fragile that it did come completely shattered. It was so bad, that the other makeup products inside the bag where covered in a fine dusting of this eyeshadow. So, that was a complete bummer... But, I did manage to salvage most of it and press it back into the compact to use. It is still a touch messy when using it still, though. That is the downside. I am actually quite interested to see what the other pressed mineral eyeshadows look like in tip top shape! 

I typically take a picture of the products in my hand so you can see how big the packaging truly is, but I failed to do it this time because of the messiness I was met with on my first meeting of this eyeshadow when I was taking pics of it. But, I will tell you this is slightly bigger than a MAC single eyeshadow compact, but also more slender and less bulky than a MAC eyeshadow compact. 

When playing with this eyeshadow, I found the formula to be very soft to the touch and also powdery, but that might be just because it had fallen apart on me... I did find fallout when applying this eyeshadow to my lid dry, so do take precautions and tap off your brush before applying so you can get the excess off. It does help a bit!




e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow, "Lunch Break"
Left: Dry Swatch
Right: Wet Swatch


You know, when I was first testing this eyeshadow out, I was not in love with it. It is a very subtle champagne color, that does not stand out. I felt it was a little too boring for my taste. But, honestly, this is such a beautiful natural looking eyeshadow that gives you just a little bit of sheen to the eyelids when it is applied dry. It is perfect for young teens or those of us wanting a natural everyday look!

Yet, as you can tell from the swatches above, when this is applied wet, it turns into a steely taupe color that is unbelievable! I absolutely love this eyeshadow even more when it is wet! What I appreciate is how this one eyeshadow can turn into two completely different eyeshadows and both are beautiful in their own way. 

I really do like the e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in "Lunch Break" and can't wait to try more of their glorious colors! 

Are there any particular shades that you really like? Please, do let me know!


Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment