Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2015

e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in, "Charming" VS. e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in, "Wink Pink"

E.l.f. has many lip products, but I thought it would be interesting to see how e.l.f.'s Lipstick from their Essential line compares to their Moisturizing Lipstick from their Studio line. I picked up e.l.f.'s Essential Lipstick in the color, "Charming" for $1.00 and than I picked up e.l.f.'s Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in the color, "Wink Pink" for $3.00. Both are extremely affordable, but I was wondering which formula is better?

Check out e.l.f.'s Essential Lipstick's here, where you can find three of these on sale as I write this post, for only .49 cents! In total, e.l.f. has eleven Essential Lipstick's to choose from, eight which are not on sale, but are still only $1.00.

Go ahead and check out e.l.f.'s Studio Lipstick here where you can find a total of thirteen lipsticks in a wide range of colors.



First, let's check out e.l.f.'s Essential Lipstick in "Charming" to see if this was a keeper!





e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"




e.l.f. Essentail Lipstick, "Charming"




e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"





e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"



E.l.f.'s Essential line happens to offer the cheapest price for their products. And we all know that e.l.f. is typically affordable all the way across the board. And just because this line is on the lower end of their price range doesn't mean that they do not have quality items. I will say, as I have said about e.l.f products before, that their beauty products can be pretty hit and miss.

So, lets see if "Charming" is as "Charming" as it sounds.... ;)


E.l.f. claims that the Essential Lipsticks will give your lips long lasting color while adding moisture and hydration.




e.l.f. Essentail Lipstick, "Charming"




e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"





I do not like the packaging. And I do not even mean "looks" wise. This is after all only $1.00, so I do not expect fancy packaging. But, trying to twist the product up is a little annoying, because it seems to catch when trying to roll the lipstick up. Basically, this does not twist smoothly up. Yes, this is a peeve of mine.

I do like how the middle of the tube has a see through band that shows the actual lipstick inside the tube. It makes it so easy when trying to figure out what the color inside is without taking the cap off.





e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"




Well, I tried this lipstick out several times to see how best to wear it, because the first time was a turn off for me. Let's just say that the first time, the lipstick felt very dry on my lips and looked chalky. It was not flattering at all. The formula seemed to be the exact opposite of what they claimed.

Well, the second time I tried it, I had to make sure that I exfoliated my lips well and applied lip balm. Than, I blotted my lips to get most of the balm off so I could apply the Essential Lipstick. It than applied much easier and much prettier.





e.l.f. Essential Lipstick, "Charming"





I also find that the formula is not as opaque, it comes off quite sheer and more light than what it looks like it should be according to the product in the tube. Also, I find it quite interesting, that on the package, the swatch they have for the lip color is red... There is no way in this world that the lip swatch, nor the lipstick itself, is red... Quite deceiving!

For those who are sensitive to smell, this particular lipstick has a very unique scent that I have never encountered in any beauty product before. Maybe you have to be an eighties baby like I am to remember the Flintstones Vitamins, but I remember those being a real treat for me, I would even sneak them when my parents weren't looking! It had a very unique scent that right away I thought of when I got a whiff of this lippie. It's like a sweet chalky scent, if you will. And in this lipstick, it is very strong! So, beware.

Overall, I am not in love with this lipstick formula. It was not as pigmented as I hoped it would have been and the formula was slightly drying, even after having exfoliated and moisturized my lips. So, I shall NOT be repurchasing their Essential Lipsticks again.

Let's see how I fared with e.l.f.'s Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in, "Wink Pink"!






e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




E.l.f's Studio line is the step up from their Essential Line and again, I have found that even some of their Studio beauty products are hit and miss. But, I think it is always worth trying their different products from all their lines to see if any are winners to you, because the price is so affordable!

E.l.f. claims that their Studio Lipsticks will give your lips a long lasting moisture rich formula that will wear comfortably on your lips and last a long time.





e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




The packaging is much nicer than the Essential Lipstick, not only in looks, but also in the way the lipstick twists up. This twisst up smoother and easier, with no catching! As with the Essential Lipstick, I appreciate how the bottom of this lipstick shows what the color of this lipstick is. That is so convenient for when searching your lipstick stash for the color that you want!






e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




I immediately fell in love with this formula when I first applied this to my lips, because it immediately felt moisturizing! It applied smoothly and evenly across my lips and the color was very pigmented.

There is a slight sweetly fake scent to this lipstick that is not strong. Honestly, it is hardly detectable and when you apply this to the lips, you won't smell a thing at all!





e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick, "Wink Pink"




I find that I really like how moisturizing this lipstick is and how it wears comfortably through out the day. This is definitely the kind of lipstick that I would like to repurchase in the future, because it is so extremely affordable and it comes in many different colors that I can add to my ever growing collection!


So... Needless to say, the winner in this lipstick battle is e.l.f.'s Moisturizing Lipstick! Spend an extra two dollars and you will not be disappointed, because the formula and pigmentation are AMAZING! You cannot beat the price!

Tell me what your favorite e.l.f. product is!



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment