Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ColourPop Shadows: "Sequin", "Hammered", "Partridge", Review And Swatches

Who doesn't love new eyeshadows to play with, especially when it comes to the Shadows and Pigments from ColourPop Cosmetics! You can find ColourPop Shadows on the website here where they come in every single color that you can possibly think of! And, what is probably the most amazing part, is that these single eyeshadows are only $5.00 each! Seriously, how affordable is that?

I purchased three of ColourPop's Shadows in the colors, "Sequin", "Hammered" and "Partridge". Trust me, with all of the color options that they have available, it took me forever to check out swatches and figure out which three that I wanted to test out for myself.

So, let's get on with it!




ColourPop Shadows, Left to Right:
Sequin, Partridge, Hammered
















I love how adorable these boxes are! I have found that all the products ColourPop has, come boxed so cute! It is the small details, like the purple inside and the teal flaps that make it a little extra special to me.










As I have found with the blush, the eyeshadows are just as soft and easily indent when touched with the finger or a brush. It is such an interesting formula, I have no idea how they do it, but the box does warn that in order to "Keep the magic in, close jar tightly after use". I assume it is so that the product does not dry out.





ColourPop Shadow, Sequin
Fits in the palm of my hand!





ColourPop Eyeshadow, Sequin



The pots are small, but they are bulky. So, I personally do not think that I would take several of these with me on my travels. I would take just one special eyeshadow with me, if I felt it was unique enough and absolutely had to have it with me for some reason. (I already have a favorite of the three that I am going to do just that with!)




ColourPop Shadow
Sequin



I wanted "Sequin", because I felt that this was going to be a unique eyeshadow that I do not have in any palettes or singles that I could think of. This is described as a copper penny with gold and silver sparkles in it. I really do feel like this is the color of a brand new shiny copper penny and it does dazzle with some finely milled silver and gold sparkle, but it is not like a disco ball. This is a beautiful metallic finish, and wears so pretty. I am glad I purchased this!





ColourPop Shadow
Partridge




Oh my, "Partridge" is my favorite of the three and am thrilled that I purchased this one! This is described as a brown undertone with a green duo chrome in a pearlized finish. This reminds me of my favorite shade in the Comfort Zone palette from Wet N Wild. "Partridge" is all I need to wear on my lid and than I buff it out into my crease and the brown comes through beautifully, turing into the perfect crease color. This is the one I am taking with me on my travels!





ColourPop Shadow
Hammered




"Hammered" is described as a smokey olive color with a ton of gold glitter along with multi-colored sparkles in a metallic finish. This reminds me of a gorgeous antique gold color and the smokiness of the color definitely comes through, along with the golden glitter. The brown is deep enough to make a perfect shadow for the outer corners of the lids or along the lower lash line for the smokey eye look on your special night out. This is a very pretty color, indeed!






ColourPop Cosmetics Shadows
Left to Right:
Sequin. Partridge, Hammered




The formula is amazing, it is soft and feels slightly creamy. It is almost, dare I say, a cream to powder formula? The pigmentation is incredible for only $5.00! This wears all day on my lids, and of course, I have to wear an eyeshadow primer no matter what, because I have oily skin. I want every single eyeshadow from ColourPop now!

I will say that the eyeshadows with glitter in them do have fall out, so shake off your brush and protect your under eye area so you do not have any unsightly glitter underneath your eyes. But, there is glitter and sparkle in the eyeshadows that do stay on the lids when it is applied.

I have to tell you that ColourPop is my new favorite brand, because they are affordable and come in an amazing array of colors. Unfortunately, they are only sold online, but what I love about them, is that they offer free shipping on all orders of $30.00 or more. I can totally do that!

Check ColourPop out for yourselves and you are going to be totally in love!



Have A Wonderful Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment