Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, In: "Medium", Review And Swatches

Yup, always trying to figure out these brows of mine... I recently purchased two brow products from e.l.f., one being their Essential Instant Lift Brow Pencil, which you can read about in my review here. The other, the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, I am going to review for you today.

The e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit retails for $3.00, which you can find in some Target's and Walmart's, or here on  e.l.f.'s website. This comes in the shades, light, medium and dark. I purchased mine in the color, Medium. In this handy little compact one pan contains the wax for your brows and the other is the powder. E.l.f. claims that the wax will help you define and shape your eyebrows while the powder sets your brows and helps them stay defined.

Let's take a closer look at this affordable $3.00 kit!




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




I really love how small this compact it, because it is not bulky, but it is the right size to keep in your makeup bag at home or when you are traveling. If you read my posts regularly, you will know how much I appreciate packaging that is practical and easy to take with me on my travels. If it is bulky and has unnecessary packaging, it is frustrating. E.l.f. did wonderful on the packaging of their Eyebrow Kit! As you can see, it fits right in the palm of my hand!





e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"




e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, "Medium"
LEFT: Wax
Right: Powder




On the left side of the compact is the pan containing the wax. You can see that it is a dark brown color, and it is highly pigmented, I was very surprised by that! I will say that I do not use the small brush that came with the compact, I instead use my Too Faced brow tool that has a slanted brow brush on one end and a spoolie on the other.

 First, when I use the wax, I find that it defines the eyebrows perfectly. I do have to be careful, because I find that it can look a little too harsh if I over-use the wax. I will say that I was hoping that the wax would help shape my unruly brows and hold its shape, but it does not...

After I use the wax to define my brows and fill them in, I than take the spoolie end of my brush to help shape them. Than I set it with he powder... I have even tried applying the powder before running the spoolie through my brows, but either way, the wax does not keep the shape or hold of my brows. I have to go in with my awesome Mally eyebrow mascara, which does the trick perfectly!

The powder is very light in the pan, it look like an ash color. But, I feel the wax is dark enough that it is a good thing that the powder is on the light side so that it doesn't give the brows an overly done harsh look. It helps to set the wax and keeps my brows lasting all day. I have not had an issue with my brows smearing, it truly holds up!

Over all, this is an okay eyebrow kit and it does get the job done. For $3.00 this is not a bad deal at all, I just need to add in a third step to give my brows the hold that they need. If I have to chose between the Studio Eyebrow Kit or the Essential Instant Lift Brow Pencil, I would choose the pencil.

Hopefully this helps you out, everyone! Until next time!


Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment